Saturday, August 8, 2009

I just had to...

... build up the Colnago Super.

I have all these neat frames and I wonder how each one rides. Linda wanted to do an easy ride today before her race tomorrow so I decided to build it up this morning. If I wait until each is restored, I might never ride them.
The Campagnolo Nuovo Record derailleurs did great - zero to minimal trim and super quite and fast shifts(that surprised me). Overall the bike was quieter than Linda's Cervelo. I weighed it before we left and with pedals it was 21lb,11oz. Swap to a lighter seat and post, pedals, and tires(tubulars) and I might get it to 21 lb even.
As for the ride - it was about 100 degrees heat index and 21mph winds sustained(with 30mph gusts). We averaged only 15.5mph for 43 mi. With the vintage gearing, and trying to stay with Linda, my cadence was too low and the knees were aching a bit. I could have used a faster pace.

21mph out of the south. The harder you rode the more it seamed to push back. It was demoralizing at anything more than cruising speed.







Coasting by at said cruising speed.

No comments: