Thursday, August 21, 2008

1991 Masi Gran Corsa


Advertised as an entry level racing bike, the Gran Corsa is about the only older Masi I can afford to own. The prices on the 70's bikes have actually gotten laughable.
I think I gave $250 or so for this frameset. It is a far cry from the Mouton, Tesch, and Confente days of Masi but it is lugged steel. As guru Bob Hovey told me, "It likely never saw a file." Even so, it does get looks and comments, chipped up as it is. At least I won't feel bad if I decide to repaint it. Been considering making a breakdown travel bike out of it.
I built it up with the Campy Veloce group that came on my first decent rode bike - a '93 carbon Trek(14 yrs old when I got it). Okay it flexed when climbing, spontaneously shifting and...... well enough about that one.
I ride this Masi every once in a while but the shifters need to be rebuilt. We'll see what it becomes someday.


Grace is always present but seldom impressed. To her this is "Not Food"


There's something about a chrome fork with maker's panto.








I practiced my drillium techniques on the chanrings and polished the crank arms.

No comments: